BIPA (Indonesian Language for Foreign Speaker)
Aim of the program
BIPA (Bahasa Indonesia untuk Penutur Asing) in Universitas Nasional (UNAS) is designed to equip participants with the ability to use standard Indonesian language in listening, speaking, reading, and writing. The program also prepares international participants to follow lectures in joint degree/double degree/credit transfer programs.
Regular Program (BIPA I, II, III)
Each program lasts 2,5 months (80 times of class).
January – March | April – June | July – September | October – December.
Mondays to Friday.
Bipa 1 – Elementary Level
This level aims at giving basic competence to use Bahasa Indonesia with an emphasis on conversational skills, both formal and informal. Cultural awareness also be given to enhance the communication skills.
Bipa 2 – Intermediate Level
At this level, participants learn to employ different styles of spoken and written Bahasa Indonesia, as well as to study Bahasa Indonesia state, administrative, and citizenship systems.
Bipa 3 – Advanced Level
At this highest level of the program, participant learn to participate discussions, write essays in Bahasa Indonesia, and study related to Indonesian society and Culture, such as religion, local wisdom, history, tradition, etc.
Application fee IDR 250,000
Program fee for private class IDR 15,000,000/person (Maximum participant 3 person)
Total IDR 15,250,000
Program fee covers materials, language laboratory, examinations, tours, and certificate.
Requirement for admission and procedure for application
Participants are expected to submit the following documents:
1.Photocopy of valid passport (with pages containing the holder’s information)
2.Visa (VKSB/Visa Kunjungan Sosial Budaya/Socio-Cultural Visiting Visa OR VITAS/Visa Tinggal Terbatas/Temporary Stay Permit Visa OR KITAS/Kartu Izin Tinggal Terbatas/Temporary Stay Permit Card)
3. Recent photograph of participant 3cm X 4 cm = 4
4. A letter signed by the applicant stating that he/she will have sufficient funds to study in Indonesia, by attaching recent statements of his/her bank account.
5. A letter signed by the applicant stating that he/she will abide by the existing law of Indonesia while studying in UNAS.
6. A health certificate of the applicant from a certified physician that he/she is free from drugs.
7. A letter signed by the applicant stating that he/she will observe all rules and regulations of UNAS.
1. Submit all documents to Head of PLB prior to the beginning of the course.
2. Place of registration:
Center for Language Studies and Services / Pusat Studi dan Layanan Bahasa
Pejaten Campus, Selasar, 1st Block, 1st Floor
Telp : +62 21 7806700, ext 120
3. Online registration
1. When the applicant is accepted, the head of PLB will e-mail a letter of admission to the Applicant.
2. BIPA reserves the right to revoke the letter of admission of an applicant if he/she fails to produce the necessary documents to study in UNAS.
Participants who are interested to earn credits for BIPA should contact Head of Center for Language Studies and Services (021-7806700 ext. 120, Fax 021-7802718, 081315386116, 081311558807)